You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-22 11:06:29

Jon_Spencer

A VOYAGE DOWN THE YEARS

I have just finished reading Guy Warner’s excellent book, subtitled “A turbulent life on land and sea”.  Guy has been a member of the Association since he purchased his Victoria 34, RUBY STAR, in 2012, and devotes one chapter to his exploits on board her, primarily with the Royal Cruising Club.

The book is in four parts: Education, Royal Navy, Industry, and Sailing.  Guy was awarded the Associations’ Best Log Cup following one of his RCC Meets.  Many on the South Coast will have enjoyed the customary nightcap, on board RUBY STAR, on some of our Rallies in recent years.  At those times we have been regaled with his always entertaining stories, and this book contains many more.

Guy penned this autobiography during the early COVID pandemic lock down, and it is available from Amazon Books or the publishers, www.mereobooks.com.  The Association have added the book to its “library” and any member wishing to have it on loan should contact the Honorary Secretary to whom I shall be sending my copy.

Jon Spencer
Chairman Yachts

Board footer