You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-18 21:01:05

John_Whyman
Resigned

Victoria or Frances 26 wanted.

Hello,  I've just joined the VSA. After many years absence ( work!) from sailing, I am now retired and looking for something I can sail single handed. I've hankered after a double ender since I first saw one ( a Frances 26) on the east coast about 30 years ago. I was sailing my Sadler 26 out of Suffolk Yacht Harbour in those days. I now live in France, not too far from the Gironde estuary, but am looking for a U.K. based boat until I've found some space in the overcrowded French harbours/marinas on the west coast. I have already touched base with Robert May ( Merhonour), and am hoping to view within the next few weeks. It would be very useful if anyone else who may be considering marketing their boat to get in touch with me so I can make full use of my road trip to the U.K. I am aware of the many layouts available, and will consider everything, however I do have a preference for an enclosed head ( with a big tick for companionway) and a gimballed oven/stove. A windlass would be an agreeable bonus. Sloop or cutter.

Emails please to: jwhyman87@aol.com

Thanks,  John.

#2 2017-11-29 12:29:59

John_Whyman
Resigned

Re: Victoria or Frances 26 wanted.

Hello all, just to let you know I 'm no longer in the market for a boat, as I've had some rather ''unusual'' expenditure on my home, following some damage earlier on this year. Insurance ''ain't wot it used to be'', and French loss adjusters are tighter than most..... so funds are rather depleted, and with all the Brexit nonsense severely diminishing the Sterling/Euro exchange rate and my pension, it's going to be an uphill battle for some time. Best of luck to all and hope the 2018 season is warm sunny and winds on the beam.

Board footer